COVID-19 Coronavirus – Update
At Costume Specialists we operate all of our business in Columbus, Ohio. Recently, our Governor and the Ohio Department of Health Director have issued a director’s order requiring all Ohioans to stay in their homes and the closing of all nonessential businesses. This mandatory order became effective on March 23rd and is still currently in effect. Because we have industrial equipment and a talented sewing staff, we are currently manufacturing masks and isolation gowns and looking into the possibility of providing and manufacturing additional personal protective equipment (PPE) for medical professionals.
COVID-19 Coronavirus – Recommendations
Our top priority is always the safety and security of our customers and employees. We are closely monitoring COVID-19 coronavirus and following guidance from health experts and federal agencies, including the Center for Disease Control. Although there is little evidence that the coronavirus is transmitted on soft surfaces, we are proactively taking additional steps to disinfect our workspaces, and reinforcing health habits for our staff. We are in this together to contain the spread of the virus and take care of our communities.
If you have not done so, please consider having your costume scheduled for our 8 step cleaning process. Our cleaning process meets or exceeds the CDC Recommendations for COVID-19-Coronavirus disinfection.
Thank you for trusting us with your costume needs.
Costume Specialists Inc.
* Our Mascot Spa *
Your mascot will receive customized, individual, professional attention from the moment it reaches our facility. It will be thoroughly inspected upon arrival and you will be notified about any parts and/or additional repairs necessary to make your costume look it’s best. Our mascot professionals can replace any part that is missing or cannot be restored to a reasonably acceptable appearance.
Our cleaning process ensures:
- All parts are thoroughly cleaned inside and out.
- Costume feet and heads are hand-washed and disinfected.
- All parts are checked for loose stitching, buttons, snaps or zippers and re-sewn (*standard cleaning includes 15 minutes of minor repair).
- Fur parts are thoroughly brushed and conditioned to give them a like-new sheen.
- Battery-powered items are inspected and tested.
- Extraordinary repairs and/or replacement parts are done with your company approval.
- The storage/shipping trunk is inspected for possible damage.
- The costume is carefully packed and forwarded as instructed by your company.
Click HERE to get your custom mascot scheduled in our Mascot Spa today!
Mascot Spa can be combined with Shipping Coordination and Storage Services to enhance your mascot and costume program.